"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own...but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus"
-Philippians 3:12-14

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Oh Dear...


Let's see...where do I begin? So much has happened this past month and it all just runs together in my brain. Spring break was forever ago, but it was so good to go home and see my family! I'm such a homebody when I go back and I love spending time with them. They refresh my life. That week was needed because the weeks following spring break were devoted to greek sing and greek week. April is probably the most stressful month of my entire year. It's so much fun, but I am always glad when it's over. The first 2 weeks were spent practicing for greek sing. Our theme this year was the roaring 20's and I got to act! It was so much fun and we put on an amazing show! We got third place, then went straight into greek week, which was filled with activities. Greek olympics was last Saturday and all of our practice paid off. We won tug, which never happens!!! I'm pretty sure the last time Zeta won tug was about 8 years ago. We also won pyramid and chariot...so awesome!

Another update: I have officially raised all of my support for San Diego this summer!!! It has been so amazing to see God work through His provision and it is so reassuring for me. I know this is where God wants me this summer and I am so ready to go. I will leave on May 19th and drive out to San Diego with some friends. On the 21st, I fly back to Albuquerque for a wedding, then back to San Diego on the 23rd. I will be there until July 7th. I honestly cannot wait to get out there. God has moved in me and changed me so much this past year. I am not the same girl that went to San Diego a year ago. God used San Diego Summer Project to change my life and I cannot wait to see how God uses it in the lives of students this summer. We are going through Luke and I am actually responsible to write one of the studies we'll be doing with 2 other student staff members. I'm nervous for this because I don't think I know how to properly study the Bible in the first place, but I know God will use this to teach me something.

We had our last Sagebrush-Las Cruces service last Sunday. Todd, the senior pastor at the church, came and spoke live and it was so cool! For the first time in a while, I was able to completely let my guard down and just praise Jesus for all that He has done for me and is doing for me. It felt so good to be reminded of the freedom I have in Christ. On that note, I'm working through a Beth Moore study right now on Daniel and it is incredible. I have learned so many things from it, but I guess an underlying them is to live for Jesus-no matter what. Daniel always did, even when he was exiled from Judah to Babylon. He continued to love the Lord and serve Him and he prospered in all that he did. Plus, he lived in Babylon and there are so many connections to the Babylon of the Bible and to the world we live in today. We are living in a modern day Babylon, and I want to live in it like Daniel did.

Now, it's time for the end of school. Tomorrow is a biology test, then El Paso and date party on Friday, then study time this weekend so I can ace my finals next week! I feel like the end of school is crazier than this whole past month has been, but it will all be worth it when it's done!

Motto for the week: Love Jesus. Love others.


No comments:

Post a Comment