"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own...but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus"
-Philippians 3:12-14

Sunday, June 13, 2010

San Diego

What an adventure I'm on! I don't even know where to begin! I have learned and done so much out here that it all just kind of runs together in my mind. So I think I will make lists.
Places I've been:
  • In-n-Out
  • La Playa
  • Clairemont Emmanuel Baptist Church
  • San Diego State University
  • Grossmont Community College
  • Mesa Community College
  • Mission Beach
  • Mount Soledad
  • Cafe 976
  • Ralphs
  • Trader Joe's
  • Yogurtland
  • Petco Park
Things I've Learned:
  • Humility
  • Living Spirit-filled (Galatians 5:16-26)
  • Biblical history and prophecy (Daniel)
  • and much more that is not necessarily coming to mind right now
Being here in San Diego as staff on Summer Project has been such a blessing. I have been so encouraged by the women in my condo and the rest of the staff. I have also been reminded daily of the importance of time in the Word every day. It is living and active and I need to be in it every day. For the first time in a long time, God is flooding me with peace and understanding and it is unbelievable to experience it all. This is the passage I have clung to since I've been here:

"You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men; being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. Such confidence we have through Christ toward God. Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."
-2 Corinthians 3:2-6

What a great reminder of where our worth and adequacy comes from! What a beautiful picture this passage paints! Since my "trainer," Abbie, showed me this passage, I have prayed it daily and God has reminded me daily that I am nothing without Him. I am all bad and He is all good.

I have about 3 more weeks here in San Diego and I am so very excited to see what else God has in store for me and for the rest of the project!

God is with us
In His loving arms, we are safe from harm
Blessed with His almighty love
May you find strength from Him above

1 comment:

  1. you are such a blessing to us. i am praying for you to get all of God's blessings for you while you are away. we love you, mom

    ReplyDelete